Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.picturelondonframing.com/
Picture understands that your information is important and that in the wrong hands it could pose a risk to your rights. In order to help protect your personal data, this document explains what information we need to collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it for, who can access it and what your rights are.
What we collect
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, the contact form on the website or when you communicate with us via social media.
- Information about the services we provide to you (including, for example, those we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us.
- The data shown in the comments form when you leave a comment on our site, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Why we need it
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information. We need it to provide you with digital copies of your invoices, update you with your order status and use your physical address for deliveries if required.
What we do with it
All the information we collect via our website enquiry form, products and services, or through correspondence with you, is used by Picture to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- making our products and services available to you.
- planning and managing our business activities and making appointments with you.
- enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- providing you with periodic communications about our products and services (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) . We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your order with us,
- preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website or services.
- allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
How long we keep it
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
In most cases, this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to use our services and for a period of time afterwards if you stop doing so just in case you begin to use our services again. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, for example for any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Who can see it
The parties that can access this information are:
- Service providers: acting as processors who provide IT, system administration and delivery services.
- Professional advisers including solicitors, bankers, auditors and others who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and other professional services.
- Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), regulators and other authorities: acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Other people who help us provide our website: they include information technology experts who host our website and payment services companies that make it easy for you to use your credit or payment cards with us. Our insurers and insurance brokers: who provide us with comprehensive cover against the risks of running a business. (They may keep this information for the purpose of ongoing risk assessment and insurance broking and underwriting services.)
- Banks and finance companies: where you have paid for products/services on credit or debit card. (They may keep this information for their related banking and finance purposes)
- Social media companies such as Facebook and Twitter (unless you instruct us not to), the police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the Courts and any other government authority: if they ask us to do so (but only if us doing so is lawful). We may also share the information we collect where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to comply with a court order.
How we protect it
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We use an online diary/email software protected by password which is only accessible by employees of Picture UK.
- Our hard copy data is stored in our locked office at our premises. It is stored for seven years and then recycled confidentially at a secure recycling facility.
What are you rights
- Request a copy of the data we hold on you.
- Request that we correct or update the data that we hold on you.
- Request that we delete the information we hold on you.
- Request that we keep your data but do not use it.
- Request that we send a copy of your data to another organisation.
- Object to how we are using data.
- Raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this then go to ico.org.uk/concerns
- Right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
- By email email@example.com
- By post: 123 Shepherds Bush Road, Brook Green, London W6 7LP
Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfill any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customers against fraudulent requests. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Additionally, we must inform you of the following:
- If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that poses a risk to your rights and freedom.
- If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.
To get in touch with us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: 123 Shepherds Bush Road, Brook Green, London W6 7LP